Play background music!
Between August 17 and 27, 2003, the 4 PM got back together in a secret location near the city of Toronto, Canada, for a long awaited event:
the LIVE recording of a NEW CD!!!
This page features PICTURES taken during those days, as well as a number of clips recorded by the PM band during their Canadian reunion: some are remakes of old PM hits, but there are also several FANTASTIC NEW TUNES!
Here are 3 images of the Canadian studio where
the PM band played and recorded their new CD
And here is the OFFICIAL PM PICTURE selected
to appear on the back cover of the CD !!
1) UN TORO NELLE MUTANDE : this tune was built around a line taken from a "demential" Italian band from the Seventies, called "SQUALLOR". It gives full account of the inspired, creative freedom that always carachterizes PM music.
Fab: guitar & vocals - Max: bass & vocals - Mau: keyboards - Ale: drums
2) PUSSY BLUES : this melancholy blues features Max on lead vocals, giving PM fans yet another crystal-clear example of his outrageous improvisational skills. When the band started recording this tune, Max had NO IDEA whatsoever of the lyrics he was about to sing...
Max: bass & lead vocals - Mau: keyboards - Ale: drums
3) MISS. AMMOSC : this tune features the PM band at their very best, combining a creative melody with a catchy rythm and their typically outspoken lyrics. Once you listen to this one, you won't be able to erase it from your mind!
Fab: guitar & vocals - Max: bass & vocals - Mau: keyboards - Ale: drums - Cinzia: backing vocals
4) MONEY COW : this is the "title track" of the new PM album. It gives full account of the incredible musical talent of PM keyboard player, Mau. From one of the most famous old PM hits ("Monica") he managed to create a completely different jazz-rock/fusion masterpiece!. This is the only "studio tune" (not recorded live) appearing in the new PM CD.
If you want to compare this new randition with the old one, CLICK HERE and listen to the original tune from 1972 :"Monica"
If you want to find out exactly how the whole idea of the Monica remake came about, CLICK HERE : The true story of "Money Cow"
In addition to the new PM tunes featured above, here are 4 clips with LIVE REMAKES of classic PM hits from the past.
1) WHEN THE SAINTS 2003 : back in the Seventies, this used to be the closing tune played by the PM band on stage at the Walrus Club (to listen to the original version, click here: "When the saints 1972" ). Here below is the LIVE 2003 version of the same tune!
Max: bass & lead vocals - Fab: guitar & vocals - Mau: keyboards - Ale: drums
2) SDRUNKAGNOFF 2003 : a classic of the PM "cazzegging sound", originally composed by Max EXACTLY 30 YEARS AGO, in August 1973 during a PM camping trip in Southern Italy (to listen to the original recording, click here: "Sdrunkagnoff 1973" ). This version was played live, 30 years later, with a different band setup, featuring the 3 PMs involved (Max, Mau & Ale) playing musical instruments other than their usual ones : Max: drums & vocals - Ale: guitar - Mau: bass (For this special occasion ONLY, the band took the name of: PECCALI MORTACCI)
3) ELP REVISITED : in this short clip Mau, Max & Ale feature in a trio exhibition with a remake of an old hit by the unforgettable Seventies progressive rock band Emerson Lake & Palmer: it ALMOST sounds like the original! Mau: keyboards & vocals - Max: bass - Ale: drums
4) CYBER RAP "LIVE": a LIVE and somewhat "messy" version (nobody in band could remember the lyrics!) of the FAMOUS RAP TUNE released by the Peccati Mortali in 1997.
Max: bass & vocals - Fab: guitar & vocals - Mau: keyboards & vocals - Ale: drums - Cinzia: chorus